Shawnee is perfectly located in beautiful Johnson County, the most populous county in Kansas. Shawnee has great highway access taking only a few minutes to get just about anywhere you want to go:
- Excellent highway access: adjacent to I-35 and I-435 and K-7 Highway.
- Quick connections to I-70, US-69 and K-10 Highways.
- Perfectly positioned between KCI Airport/ intermodal and the +200-acre BNSF Logistics Park Kansas City.
- The median commute time for Shawnee residents is 20 minutes- far below the national average.
- Only 30 minutes from the Kansas City International Airport with over 175 daily departures and more than 40 nonstop destinations.
- By air, Shawnee and the entire Kansas City metropolitan area are perfectly located: half way to either coast – about 3-1/2 hours to New York City or L.A.
- Only 10 minutes from Oak Park Mall, the largest mall in the State of Kansas.
- 16 minutes to the world-famous Country Club Plaza.
- Less than 20 minutes from downtown Kansas City.
- Lawrence, home to the University of Kansas, is only 40 minutes to the west.
- Shawnee borders Kansas' #1 Tourist Destination: the Kansas Speedway, Sporting KC Park, Kansas Speedway, Legends, Cabela's and Nebraska Furniture Mart, and Schlitterbahn entertainment destination.